Change is Good. Diversification is Even Better!
When we founded PRO*ACT back in 1990, our family of distributors focused primarily on the delivery of traditional produce to restaurants. Amazing how things can change in 25 years.
Today PRO*ACT is a “fresh food supply chain management network,” delivering innovative fresh food products to traditional and non-traditional channels to meet the changing fresh demands of today’s consumers.
Meeting New Consumer Demands
The habit of three square meals is a thing of the past. Today, consumers are snacking throughout the day. Plus, these new consumers want unique fresh food options, such as organics and natural foods, specialty, and ethnic food items, all offered at convenient locations and on-the go or ready-to-eat packaging.
Non-traditional channels increasing with new customer demands for fresh include: convenience stores, drug stores, and Dollar stores, as well as colleges, universities, hotels and hospitals.
Local Touch, National Reach
At the intersections of Wall Street and Main Street sits PRO*ACT, a national network of local distributors with the buying power of a Fortune 500 company delivered with the personal touch of a friendly neighbor.
All across the globe, traditional or non-traditional customers seeking high quality, fresh products receive:
- One-call customer service.
- Complete produce category management
- High impact items for smaller format stores with more frequent deliveries.
- eServices for Retail, including web-based ordering, B2B networking with your local PRO*ACT distributor.
- Comprehensive reporting tools for efficient cost and category management.
- Consolidated sourcing from top national- and regional-brand growers as well as from small, local farms.
- Seamless supply-chain management: logistics and cold-chain management.
- Complete organic and specialty produce division, Harvest Sensations.
- Produce education and training for store associates.
- Industry-leading sustainability initiative, Greener Fields Together™.
- Industry-leading food safety and security systems, including a dedicated Crisis Management Team.
Fresh Foodservice for Commercial and Non-Commercial Businesses
At PRO*ACT we help eliminate the hassles and headaches that can be associated with fresh produce and other perishable products.
We provide seamless, seed-to-fork business solutions tailored to what you buy, how you buy and how you operate – whether you’re a national, regional or local commercial or non-commercial foodservice needs:
- Full-Service Restaurants
- Quick-Service Restaurants
- Bars And Taverns
- Business & Industry
- Travel & Leisure
Your Fresh Food Partner
Our Client Services team works with your management team to customize programs that deliver efficiencies, cost savings and the quality and safety you need to protect the integrity of your brand.
Among the benefits you get with PRO*ACT as your partner:
- Streamlined supply-chain management and client service: one call does it all.
- Custom product specification guides
- Annual contracts, regional price consistency and validation
- Direct-source procurement and combined volume pricing
- Partnerships with top grower/shippers, domestic and global, for year-round supply
- Recognized, trusted brands only: no private-label
- Supply and distribution partnerships with safety-certified local farms
- Industry-leading sustainability initiatives
- eServices, a Web-based platform that provides comprehensive, customized order management and reporting tools
- Distribution support for new items, limited time offers, menu roll-out programs, new opening initiatives
- Timely market and food-safety updates
- Regional training seminars