The Women’s Leadership Initiative focuses on advancing leadership and creating opportunities for women in the fresh produce industry. By working with companies and individuals across all sectors of the fresh produce supply chain, we are investing in the future of the industry by investing in young women’s futures.
The scholarship can be utilized to cover tuition and fees up to $5,000 at any accredited university or college.
Download the Program Overview
Check back for more information as to when the 2021-2022 application cycle opens!
- Be a women
- Be a current college junior or senior
- Be enrolled or committed to a relevant program major
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Demonstrate dedication to the industry
We are thrilled to welcome applicants for the WLI scholarship program. The process consists of the following:
- Download application form and application guidelines
- Complete and submit the form (available when the new cycle opens)
- Panelists will review based on the requirements rubric provided by WLI
- Check back for updates/announcements
Applications can be submitted directly to Mackenzie Lovelace at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sign up to receive notifications as to the new cycle by emailing ‘I would like more information to Mackenzie Lovelace (email@example.com)
APPLY NOW (Download Form Available When New Program Cycle Begins)
Our panelists are comprised of leaders throughout the fresh produce industry that are ambassadors when it comes to supporting, encouraging, and investing in the growth of diversity (specifically with women) within the industry.
Panelists can serve no more than two consecutive cycles to ensure WLI is cultivating a fresh environment for applicants to apply!
Panelists are provided a requirements rubric when reviewing applications allowing them to grade and make award recommendations based off of:
- Completed eligibility requirement
- Essay question feedback
The Panelists’ Role
Panelists are nominated, reviewed, and selected regularly. Panelist selections are reviewed by the WLI leadership team along with PRO*ACT senior management. Panelists may serve no more than 2 consecutive application cycles. A Panelists’ Role include:
- An external and objective review of applications (specifically the components of the essay)
- Inviting a diverse range of insight from the industry
- Recommending qualified recipients for the WLI scholarship
- Learning how to contribute to the future of the industry’s workforce
Learn more about becoming a Panelist in the next award cycle?