Committed to Fresh Food Safety
At PRO*ACT, our commitment to food safety and security is second to none. Our team of highly qualified professionals manages and monitors the entire fresh food safety supply chain, from growers to distributors to customers, and our focus on food safety extends from the largest of national farm partners to the smallest of local family farms that supply our distribution network.
All suppliers and distributors in the PRO*ACT family are inspected by approved third-party auditors and required to have food defense programs in place.
In times of crisis, our crisis management team responds immediately to any recall or outbreak situation and quickly communicates pertinent information to our customers and distributors.
Required PRO*ACT Supplier/Distributor Compliance
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Recall Capabilities
- Food Defense Plans
- Distributor Cold Chain Management
[/no-margin]Above items are applicable based on specifics of each individual operation.
Verification of Supplier/Distributor Compliance
- Assessment of Food Safety Capabilities and Practices
- Third-Party Audits of Facilities and Farm Operations
- Inspections of Field, Cooling, and Packing Operations
- Quality Assurance Assessment and Support
- Comprehensive Crisis Management and Communication
- Stringent Supplier Approval Program
- Food Safety Assistance and Education